The 10th Anniversary offering of John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo as a loveteam via Star Cinema‘s romantic melodrama film “The Mistress” breaks records in the Box Office corner. The said film rakes P230 Million plus in its 3-week-run and reportedly achieved P320 Million globally making it the highest grossing film of 2012 as of present time and simultaneously the highest grossing film of all time globally.
Cruz has back-to-back win in starring movies such as Unofficially Yours with Angel Locsin which is the 2nd highest grossing film of 2012 and the no. 1 movie as mentioned above. He will absolutely the Box Office King for this year as well as Bea for Box Office Queen.
The film talks about a young woman who is torn between the affections of her two lovers. One is a young bachelor who brings passion into her life. The other is a married man who has kept her as his mistress for years.
Architect JD (John Lloyd Cruz) has a chip on his shoulder about his businessman father Rico (Ronaldo Valdez) never really accepting him as his son. Seamstress Sari (Bea Alonzo) struggles to take care of her family. The two meet by chance, and JD aggressively pursues Sari’s affections. Though the two are clearly a good match, there is a problem standing in the way of their bliss: Sari is the mistress of JD’s father. Against his better judgment, JD continues to court Sari even after finding out this difficult fact. He hides his true identity as Rico’s son, and fights to win Sari’s heart.
Viewers bite the move in a phenomenal status but commercial success is not enough for the film since it also receives widely positive reviews from different critiques.
|Click The City|||
For now, The Mistress is the 2nd Highest Grossing Film of All Time as reported by independent third party box office tabulator, Box Office Mojo Philippines. The Unkabogable Praybeyt Benjamin still at no. 1 and No Other Woman drops to no. 3.
Meanwhile, Praybeyt Benjamin star Vice Ganda is set to break his previous records with another comedy film “This Guy’s in Love With You Mare” which is a potential movie to break The Mistress achievements. It also stars Toni Gonzaga and Luis Manzano.
- Review: The Mistress (amaeguerrero.wordpress.com)
- John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo To Break Box Office Records With The Mistress! (entervrexworld.wordpress.com)
- Textured portrayals buoy up latest John Lloyd-Bea starrer (entertainment.inquirer.net)
- Movie Review: The Mistress (jowanabueser.com)
- The 20 Highest-Grossing Actor And Director Duos (businessinsider.com)
- ‘2016: Obama’s America’ Fourth-Highest Grossing Film Friday Night (newsbusters.org)
- The 10 Highest-Grossing James Bond Films Of All Time (businessinsider.com)
- Screen kiss leaves Bea Alonzo trembling (entertainment.inquirer.net)