MANILA, Philippines – Canadian singer Justin Bieber is unfazed by the idea that he may lose some of his supporters because of his Instagram posts mocking Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao.
On his Instagram account on Monday, Bieber posted a picture showing a comment of one of his fans expressing dismay over his “untoward” attitude.
“JB hope you feel proud cause you just lost your fans who like MANNY PACQUIAO but even though you like Mayweather posting these pics are just LOW even for a girl like you,” the comment said.
|A photo posted on Junstin Bieber’s Instagram account.|
Bieber replied by saying that his fans, dubbed as “beliebers”, will never leave him just because of his opinions on boxing.
“If they were beliebers I know they wouldn’t leave my side over any Boxing opinion I have,” he said.
Several boxing fans were shocked by Pacquiao’s knockout loss to Juan Manuel Marquez on Saturday night (Sunday morning in Manila).
This gave way to memes making fun of the loss, some of which were re-posted by Bieber on his Instagram account.
Bieber’s posts were accompanied by short write-ups on his feelings about a possible bout between Pacquiao and Floyd Mayweather Jr.
“[Mayweather] has nothing to gain fighting Pacqiao. Floyd has never in his professional career lost a fight and Pacqiao lost his last two fights,” he said.
“If Floyd wins it’s not that big of a deal cuz it would be his third loss in a row, and if he loses he’s gonna ruin his legacy either way there’s no big win for Mayweather.. Mayweather is boxing,” he added.
Bieber’s posts elicited thousands of comments, with some saying they find no harm in the memes because they are funny.
Other people, however, asked Bieber for respect for Pacquiao and the Filipino people, with the hashtag #RespectThePhilippinesBieber making it to the top trending Twitter topics in the Philippines.
SOURCE: ABS-CBN NEWS
- Justin Bieber makes fun of Manny Pacquiao (rightonthemark.wordpress.com)
- Justin Bieber pokes fun at Manny Pacquiao after loss (celebs.gather.com)
- Floyd Mayweather Feels Bad for Manny Pacquiao Right Now (complex.com)
- Mayweather’s comforting words for Pacquiao and then some (rappler.com)
- Calls in Philippines for Pacquiao to retire (sports.inquirer.net)
- Pacquiao vs. Marquez 2012: How Loss Has Cemented Pac-Man’s Legacy (bleacherreport.com)
- Floyd Mayweather Reportedly Turned Down How Much to Fight Manny Pacquiao? (complex.com)