UP graduate from Laguna Ariella Arida delivered her winning answer in the recently concluded Binibining Pilipinas 2013 Coronation Night held at Smart Araneta Coliseum on April 14, 2013
Asked by Dir Gen Allan Purisima if what lesson in life can women teach men, the Laguna’s bet answered with full of confidence.
“One lesson in life that women can teach men is being sensitive,”“We all know that men are more logical when it comes to decisions. They are usually more rational and straightforward. Unlike women, we use our hearts and we tend to get emotional in some of our decisions. Sensitivity is something that we women can teach to men.”
Video of Ariella Arida’s Question and Answer Portion/ Winning Moment
Concert King Martin Nievera hosted the coronation night with the timeless beauty Ms. Dawn Zulueta who looked stunning and elegant with her black evening dress. She can actually be the Bb. Pilipinas 2013 if she joins. (LOL)
The annual event was also hosted by Bb. Pilipinas former title holders Venus Raj (2010) and Shamcey Supsup (2011). Judges include James Younghusband, Boy Abunda, Gen. Alan Purisima, Louis Ng, Gabby Lopez, Gloria Diaz, Liliana Marquez Zawadsky, Hirofumi Hashimoto, Chilean Ambassador Roberto Mayorga and Italian Ambassador Massimo Roscigno
Here’s the list of winners of Binibining Pilipinas 2013
Binibining Pilipinas- Universe 2013- Bb 41 Ariella Arida
Bb Pilipinas International- Bb 20 Bea Rose Santiago
Bb Pilipinas Tourism- Bb 16 Joanna Cindy Miranda
Bb Pilipinas Supranational- Bb 39 Mutya Johanna Datul
1st Runner up- Bb 15 Pia Wurtzbach
Check out the Bb. Pilipinas 2013 Top 15 for their Question and Answer Portion:
- Mr Bobby Huang to Bb 45 Imelda Schweighart: The Beatles believed that all you need is love. Agree or disagree? Why?
Answer: We should just spread love and positivity to everybody.
- Amb Roberto Mayorga to Bb 39 Mutya Johanna Datul: What would be your advocacy?
Answer: I want to extend my help to people in need especially those people in BPCI charity.
- Dir Gen Allan Purisima to Bb 41 Ariella Arida: What lesson in life can women teach men?
Answer: ”One lesson in life that women can teach men is being sensitive. We all know that men are more logical when it comes to decisions. They are usually more rational and straightforward. Unlike women, we use our hearts and we tend to get emotional in some of our decisions. Sensitivity is something that we women can teach to men.”
- Gabby Lopez to Bb 13 Charmaine Elima: In this age everything is made public. What should be made private and why?
Answer: Your personal intentions should be private.
- Sec. Rene Almendras to Bb 43 Rhea Nakpil: Mentions nurse in President Obama State of the Union Address . What traits make Filipinos stand out in the world.
- Gloria Diaz to #46 Amanda Navasero if someone can be a good Catholic if they believe in the RH bill.
Answer: Believing in the RH Bill is good especially for us educated people. We should know how to understand, especially for the kids.
- Amb. Massimo Rosigno asks #34 Grace Apuad: What can be your greatest contribution to your local community?
Answer: Being an inspiration to the youth. I am a very independent person and been living on my own and finished my studies even without my parents.
- James Younghusband to Bb 22 Ellore Noelle Punzalan: If you had the opportunity to speak to the new pope, what would you tell him?
Answer: I would congratulate him first. I will ask him to pray for our country.
- Hirofumi Hashimoto to Bb 20 Bea Rose Santiago: The ideal Filipino is?
Answer: Both proud and happy people. We love the Philippines so much and come back here every year.
- Liliana Zadawski to Bb 16 Joanna Cindy Miranda: Personal quality most people remember about you?
Answer: I’m unstopabble. Everything I wanted to do. I did it. if I know that what I do is right, I will do it.
- Louis Ng to Bb 12 Camille Carla Nazar: Which country aside from the Philippines fascinates you and why.
Answer in Filipino: Kung ako papipiliin. Ayoko po sana iwan ang Pilipinas dahil mahal ko po ito. Pero kung ako ay bibigyan ng pagkakataon, pupunta ako sa Amerika.
- Boy Abunda to Bb 31 Maria Angelica de Leon: Are the best things in life really free?
Answer: Yes like love, family, happiness and the care that you get from loved ones. You cannot buy that from anyone.
- James Younghusband to Bb. 25 Merry Joyce Respicio: If you were to break one habit what would it be and why?
Answer: eating junk food because its not healthy.
- Dir Gen Allan Purisima to Bb 15 Pia Wurtzbach: What do you think is the greatest achievement of Bb Pilipinas.
Answer: The candidates not just the winners but everyone. Each candidate, our lives will change and we become inspiration for the people.
- Liliana Zawadski to Bb. 33 Parul Shah: What would you tell a child who is being bullied in school.
Answer: Never look down, even if he is being stepped on. Respect for oneself will eradicate people who bully children.
Photo credited to Bb. Pilipinas Official Page [Like the page at https://www.facebook.com/realbbpilipinas]
- Binibining Pilipinas 2013 Winners Revealed; Ariella Arida Crowned Bb. Pilipinas 2013 (entervrexworld.wordpress.com)
- Miss Universe Philippines 2013: ‘I’m prepared’ (rappler.com)
- Bb. Pilipinas 2013: And the winners are… (normannorman.com)
- 2013 Binibining Pilipinas winners, proclaimed (themodernscribe2010.wordpress.com)